Top 10 Plus Size Wedding Gown for 2014
Things got topsy-turvy when I started designing the Spring 2014 wedding gown Signature Collection for Sydney’s Closet. Classic bridal collections clearly inspired me. But I wanted very much to adapt the designs for today’s contemporary So fabrics took a twist and turn to add interest and style. Backs went lower. Necklines went higher. Sleeves got longer. All in all, styles got ruffled up for a very sophisticated modern vibe.
Here’s the top trends you’ll see brides wearing when they come down the aisle in 2014:
- Peplum add a soft and oh-feminine layer below the waist.
- Covered buttons for a ultra elegant detail on the back of the dress.
- Tiers form triangles for a fresh, soft look on skirts.
- Lace, obsessed with it! Just can’t get enough. Nothing is more timeless, pretty and feminine!
- Curve hugging mermaid and fit and flair silhouettes that show off a bride’s curves. Super sexy!
- Bows all the rage, dramatic and over sized. Not your little girl version but tied up grand for a day as big as your wedding.
- Straps that sparkle with crystals and beaded sequins accent the shoulder and neckline.
- Sheer long sleeves look pretty but aren’t heavy or hot. Tasteful and ideal if you’re modest.
- Princess for day wearing a ball gown for a fairy tale look to a storybook wedding.
- Hue cue: brides will “I do” to diamond white and ivory over stark white.